Marketing frames an important strategy of the business mix and is vital for the success of any business. No business can ever flourish without people getting to know of its existence.
There were many traditional media for advertising and marketing that held good for ancient businesses. With the emergence of e-commerce sites and online arena converting to a tough business market, strategies for online marketing have constantly been framed and re-framed to enable businesses reach their target customers in the virtual world.
One important criterion of online marketing is content marketing, and it has again been proved that words can move mountains and influence people’s mind and help them create a positive approach towards a product or service.
It has been rightly said that content marketing will be a focus and a forerunner for digital marketing in the year 2013. But still, many people have not understood the mechanism how Search engine optimizations serve as a marketing approach. Let us delineate the concept a little further in this discussion.
Content marketing deals with creating contents that can influence people. As it is important to create positive contents, it is equally important to incorporate SEO within the contents to yield the best results.
Search engines would make notice of the content that supports a product and it is essential to create SEO content that helps Google understand what your product is and demonstrate the same to others.
There were ways to bypass Google through certain techniques such as keyword loading and backlinks creation to get websites on top of the search results. But this is not a very promising and a winning technique.
Those who have won the race of affiliate online marketing have always used the techniques of a content marketing and SEO marketing blog to attract potential customers towards their website.
Role of blog writing in SEO
Marketing through search engine optimized blogs involves a lot of technical learning and understanding the exact methods to create content that would influence the audience, predicts the behavior of target audience and frame blogs in that direction.
Blogs that would appreciate social media activation has also helped in building long term and enduring relationships between products and its customers.
It is true that most of the e-commerce sites have incorporated blog pages in their websites to draw the attention of search engines, and thereby yield traffic and revenue for their websites.
This is based on the common sense principle that the pages that rank in the top in Search engines are the most reliable and trusted ones.
Also Google favors those websites that undergo constant revision and up-gradation of their web pages with fresh and interesting contents, and tries to segregate them from idle websites.
This is exactly the function of a SEO marketing blog, as it enables fresh contents to be constantly
The secret to getting to the top positions of Google is a process called Search Engine Optimization. SEO Marketing is about understanding how Search Engines work.
Achieving a high ranking position comes through the process of building a successful SEO marketing campaign. It can be broken into four simple stages: keyword research, on-page optimization, quality link building, results monitor and testing.
1. Keyword research: Keywords determine what the visitor is looking for and what search engines like Google will show as a result when a term or phrase is searched. The main tool to find those terms and their popularity is Google AdWords tool.
The following steps should be followed in keyword research:
1. Use Google AdWords and search for your website’s products, services and content main keywords.
2. Select ten to thirty keyword phrases to research further. Do not choose individual words since they are too competitive and you have small chances of ranking on Google.
3. Research the competition for seo a specific phrase by following the steps:
a. Visit Google and enter the keyword phrase
b. identify the natural results
c. write down the URLs of the first 3 top set of results
d. Begin a site by site analysis by examining the website’s URL, its Google pagerank, the number of sites linking in and on-page optimization like keywords in h1, h2, h3 tags.
The aim of this analysis is to find keywords or keyword phrases which have a monthly search of more than 3,000 clicks and where top three ranked results have low pagerank values and few inbound links.
2. Website onpage optimization: Having identified the keywords you are targeting, you now need search engines to ‘see’ your website as a good match for those keyword phrases. You can accomplish this by putting your keywords in the right places on your website; this is known as onpage search engine optimization.
A maximum of one to two keyword terms must be used for each page of your website and for each page include your keywords in the following places: title tag, description, meta keywords, within the h1 tag, place keywords in the first 25 words of the page, the last 25 keywords of the page.
3. Link Building: Link Building is the most important stage in any SEO campaign, because it’s how you make your website become ‘popular’.
Another factor which is very important is to note the keywords other websites use in their backlinks, called anchor text, playing a vital role. Using good keywords as anchor text builds up link reputation.
The aim is to get lots of quality links pointed back to your website, using your targeted keywords, and from a good range of sources.
4. Results Monitor & Testing: SEO provides a very clear, measurable result for your efforts. You can see where you appear on Google, how many new visitors are brought to your website, and how many of those visitors went on to make a purchase.
To measure your SEO campaign results you need to measure your website key statistics. As a tool use Google Analytics to monitor your website.